Monday, November 26, 2012

How technology has harmed or helped me?

This is an image I got searching on Google.com; it means how we are getting addicted to technology.

Sometimes, I have asked myself about technology, if it is really helpful or harmful to me. I answer this question with the following; technology has helped me as it also has harmed me. Talking academically, it has helped me a lot, because all the investigations, some sources that I get information is from the internet, many assignments as essays or quizzes are done in the computer. In addition, it has also made my academic life easier as it has made it for all the actual students, because it helps to do the homework better, faster and more organized. Unfortunately, it also has harmed me a lot. I got an addiction to technology, as many people have, I can’t stop checking my phone, or there’s no day that I don’t use my computer, or watch TV. This has really affected me because I stopped to talk with my parents, friends, or even my girlfriend as much as I used to, because I get entertained doing other things. This is something that really makes me feel really sad about, technology is changing my lifestyle and it’s something that I have to avoid. Like me, many people, especially young people is getting more and more lonely, it’s really sad see how people lose friends or get away from family just because they prefer to stay in front of a computer. So, today I face myself and tell me that I want a change, I don’t want to lose everything that I have fight to obtain, it’s not but to use technology because it prepares us for the future, but we don’t have to become obsessed with it. Technology is the best tool these days, but we have to learn how to control it, and more than it, don’t let it to control us.


This is a video from Youtube.com that explains that good and bad side of technology.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you make some changes in your use of technology that will result in better communication with those around you. I posted a link to cell phone etiquette on my blog that is really helpful in making you understand the importance of acknowledging others while you are spending time with them in person! :)

    ReplyDelete