Sunday, December 2, 2012

AWC student's use

This is an image from Google.com; it shows how students don't pay attention because they are texting.

A couple days ago, I was observing how AWC students were using technology and I got really surprised. I have some classes as Music, Computer systems, Math, English, and one class about Blueprints. In some of my classes there are always students not paying attention because they are texting or whatever in their phones, especially on my computer systems class because we have a computer for each so some of them use the computers to check their Facebook or any social network. In the others classes is not too common to see it but there are students that always are in their phones. I have to accept that I used my cell phone sometimes, maybe to know what time is it but that can also distract me. Also in the computer lab, it's very common to find students that are not doing school work, as it is supposed; they are just killing time in the internet or in social networks.
One day I was in the school game room with a friend playing pool, and two girls entered and didn't say anything, they just sit down and used their cell phones without talking, and my friend told me: "Did you see? They are cyber friends!" and that is really sad see how to people are stop talking each other because they prefer to use their cell phones rather talk each other. That is one of the most impacting thing I've seen in my school because they didn't say a single word!

I got this video from Youtube.com, and maybe it is a good way to stop texting in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment