Saturday, December 1, 2012

Faculty member's viewpoint

This is a video from Youtube.com about the importance of technology in American schools.

Days ago I interviewed a faculty member to know her viewpoint about technology; she's from the registration department of the college. She said that technology has a very important place in the school paperwork because students have the option of take their classes online. Although most of the students take their classes online, some of them prefer to go to the registration department, fill the registration sheet and give it to workers of that area. "My job", she said. "Mostly has focused on the new students because they are who sometimes do not know how to take classes, or which classes they have to take, in that case we ask them to see a counselor because he is the person that can say exactly which classes they have to take and when. There are students that although they have been in the college for a while, they prefer to take their classes with me, maybe because they feel that it's safer than take them online. That's how technology has helped us with the registration department. Unfortunately there are some disadvantages that we might face. For example, when the Internet or computers fails, things that we don't know when it can happen." This is true, I remember when I had to go to the college many times before the classes began because I wanted to know everything I had to do; I wanted to be very prepared. Fortunately, I think I did everything all right. I took most of my classes online but some of them I had to go to the registration department to solve some doubts I had. In this case technology has helped because it did everything easier and more efficient to the students and to the faculty members.

This is a screenshot I took to the AWC web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment